Aren’t you tired serving plain juices and soft beverages to your non alcoholic friends? We understand your pain with adjusting to the sugary packed beverages. It’s about time that you have few mocktails in your arsenal to serve them to your guests or fix one for yourself as well.
So, get ready to learn few interesting mocktails, to keep handy at your home bar.
5 Easy Mocktail Recipes
Cucumber and Ginger Spitzer
- 1 piece medium cucumber , sliced
- 10 thin slices of Ginger
- 400 gms sugar
- 200 ml water
- 1 bottle soda water for serving (90 ml per drink)
- 1-2 piece cucumber slices (for garnish)
- Keep the sliced cucumber and ginger in a large,bowl. Boil sugar an water on medium heat till fully dissolved. Pour this mix over cucumber and ginger.
- Let it infuse for 2 hours and Strain it into a bottle and chill.
- To prepare a cocktail, stir together about 1.5 oz syrup with about 3 oz soda to taste. Garnish with a cucumber slice.
- 30 ml Khus syrup
- 30 ml Apple juice
- 15 ml Lemon juice
- 5 ml Blue Curacao (Optional)
- Soda to top up
- Dehydrated Lemon Slice for Garnish
- Glassware- Champagne Flute
- In a shaker, pour khus syrup, apple juice, lemon juice, and the Blue Caracao
- Top the shaker up with ice and shake hard
- Strain into your glassware
- Top up with Soda
- Attach the dehydrated lemon slice to the glass with a small wooden pin and serve
Know more about Emerald and the native ingredient Khus, here
- Half cup of fresh guava juice (chilled)
- One cup of club soda (chilled)
- A handful of mint leaves
- 4 to 5 lemon slices
- Half cup of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 1 cup of crushed ice
- Muddle mint leaves, a lemon slice, salt, and granulated sugar in a cocktail maker.
- Pour the mixture in serving glass. Add guava juice and lemon juice.
- Add crushed ice and then add lemon slices and mind leaves.
- Pour club soda to the mixture and stir.
- Garnish the drink with lemon slices and mint leaves. You can also rim a glass with the help of lemon juice and sugar.
More information on this beautiful mocktail, here
Spicy Watermelon Mocktail
- 200 gms fresh watermelon cubes
- 1/2 jalapeno, (not seeded)
- 30 ml sugar syrup
- 20 ml lime juice
- Sparkling water to top off
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper powder
- Jalapeño slices
- Thin watermelon wedges
- In a blender combine, Ice cubes fresh watermelon and half the jalapeno. Blend until the mixed properly.
- Strain the mixture and discard the pulp. Add lime juice and sugar syrup and stir.
- To rim the glass, combine salt and cayenne powder on a small plate. Use a wedge of lime and run it around the edge of the glass, then dip the wet edges into the spicy salt.
- Fill 2/3 of glass with mixture and top it with sparkling water.
- Garnish the mocktail with a jalapeño coin and watermelon wedge before you serve.
- 20 ml Black Tea
- 45 ml Pomegranate Juice
- 10 ml Sugar Syrup
- A slice of Ginger
- Few pomegranate seeds
- Ginger Ale or Soda
- In a shaker, give a light muddle to the ginger. Fill with ice and pour over all the ingredients.
- Shake till chilled properly.
- Pour it in old fashioned glass filled with ice.
- Top it up with Ginger ale or Soda water, as per taste.
- Garnish the mocktail with few pomegranate seeds.
These are mocktails made using easily available kitchen ingredients, but they will definitely impress anyone who drinks them.
Click here !! to know about 5 different variations to your classic Mojito