Blood Wood Beluga: The most impressive nature of a good cocktail is that it has an array of flavors that hit the correct spot. A perfect balance of ingredients makes a cocktail highly desirable; what becomes exciting is when you yourself create a delicious cocktail from scratch.
Today’s #prodrinks by Shreyansh Patel is one such drink that takes the bar a bit higher with elegant ingredients like wood apple, a sense of innovation, and one of the most versatile spirit, vodka.
Blood Wood Beluga: Recipe
- Beluga Noble – 45 ml
- Lacto Fermented Blood Orange – 15 ml
- Fresh Wood Apple Puree – 30 ml (Bel fruit puree)
- Fresh Lemon Juice – 20 ml
- Simple Syrup – 15 ml
Garnish: Fennel Salt rim.
Glassware: Nick and Nora glass
Accompaniment: Homemade plantain and potato chips.
Blood Wood Beluga: Preparing the Ingredients.
Lacto Fermented Blood Orange: Ingredients
- 500ml Fresh/Frozen Blood Orange Puree
- 3.75 gms Salt
- 45 ml Honey
- 45 gms Whey
- 67.5 ml Water
Method:- Mix all the ingredients in a sterilized glass mason jar for 48 hours. The fermentation cannot be stopped but can be slowed down, hence store in the refrigerator after 48 hours.
*If blood orange puree is not easily available, use fresh juice blood orange juice instead.
Fresh Wood Apple Puree (Bel fruit puree)
Method:- Cut it in half and gently scoop out the pulp avoiding the gum present in between the fruit, blend it to a smooth puree consistency for an easier and faster pour.
Fennel Salt : Ingredients
- 30 gms Fennel
- 10 gms Salt
Method:- Blend it together to a fine mix and store in an airtight mason jar to avoid contact of any moisture for a longer shelf life
Homemade Plantain and Potato Chips
Method:- Thinly slice and deep fry until perfectly crisp.
Blood Wood Beluga: Bringing it Together
- To garnish the glass, use a lemon wedge to coat around 1 inch of the outer part of the glass. Sprinkle the fennel salt on that part.
- Fill a shaker with ice; pour the vodka, blood orange puree, wood apple puree, and fresh lemon juice in it.
- Shake it till properly chilled and double strain into the garnished glass.
- Serve Blood Wood Beluga with the side of crispy fried plantain and potato.
This wood apple and blood orange concoction is a refreshing one of its kind cocktail which matches the sweet and sour to perfection. A perfect cocktail for the bright summers.
Click Here , to know about the health benefits of Wood Apple (Bael).
Know the recipe of delicious Kingston Garden #prodrinks, Here.