Canchanchara is a classic sweet & citrus rum-based cocktail.
Quick Facts about Canchanchara
- Canchanchara is Cuba’s oldest know cocktail from the colonial town of Trinidad.
- Canchanchara’ s origin has multiple debates but most of the historian has claimed that the cocktail was made during the Ten Years War, 1868-1878.
- According to the book Cuban cocktail by Anistatia Miller and Jared Brown, Canchanchara was present during the 1898 Spanish-American war.
- Canchanchara is known as the ancestor of Daiquiri.
Served in: Old-Fashioned Glass
- 60ml Old rum
- 15ml fresh lime juice
- 20ml Honey syrup
- Shake all the ingredients with ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Fine strain into chilled glass.
Garnish with a lime wedge.