World Gin Day is an occasion for gin lovers to celebrate and enjoy the beloved spirit. Well, do gin lovers need just one day to enjoy it? But we definitely have to dedicate a complete celebratory day for this popular spirit. The concept is simple that it is a global celebration when people enjoy gin all over the world.
Though there is no fixed date, it is always celebrated on the second Saturday in June, giving an opportunity for gin fanatics to have a Sunday to recover from the hangover. Well, before kicking off the celebrations and going into a complete festive mood, you should know how the World Gin Day started and became a global festival.
Who started World Gin Day?
World Gin Day was founded by Neil Houston in 2009 when he brought his friends together to savor some gin in Birmingham. Emma Stokes and Neil were already firm gin-friends, and so, they brought the celebrations to London in 2010.
In 2013, Emma formally took the charge and the day since evolved into a global celebration with many events running in over 30 countries around the world, reaching 200 million people! So, it is a day to get people all around the world together to drink some gin.
As it is World Gin Day on 13th June, you should know some interesting facts before grabbing a glass of it. You don’t need to explore the whole internet as here is the complete guide to gin and everything you should know about it! Celebrate world gin day by learning these amazing facts on Gin
- Gin Basics 101– People love gin for its sharp flavor, which it gets from juniper berries. Here is a guide through which you can know about its origin, production, and classifications, along with learning a few gin cocktails.
- Types of Gin– There are different types of gin, including Genever, London Dry, Old Tom, Barrel-Aged Gin, and it is worth knowing about them before you grab a glass!
- After learning about the history, types, and production, just hop on to some fascinating facts that may leave you stunned. Check out the 10 facts about gin.
- History of Gin and Tonic– The classic combination which is so popular around the world and probably the most famous one. Do you know it originated in India? Don’t you think that you should learn about its history that how it was invented and became so popular? Also, want to nail a perfect gin and tonic? check it out here.
- Gin is the neutral spirit flavored either by distillation or compounding, with juniper berries and other seeds, berries, roots, fruits, and herbs; that are referred to as gin botanicals. The most famous one is juniper berries, but there are other popular botanicals that are also used. Check Popular Gin Botanicals.
- You can try and make best gin cocktails at home. For something innovative, you can also try boozy gin popsicles which are perfect for summers.
- Confused about gin garnishes? Don’t worry, here is A Guide to Gin Garnishes for your rescue! A guide to gin garnishes is as vital as the spirit.
- As you have mastered the art of making easy gin cocktails and popsicles, you can also try some more classic gin cocktails, which are really amazing!
- There are some popular Indian Gin brands that you should know about and must try. These are made with the best quality juniper berries and handpicked aromatic Indian spices.
- To all the tea lovers- here is a royal combination of gin and tea for y’all! Learn how to make a Gin-Tea Cocktail.
Here was your complete guide for gin and now that you know it all, it’s time to celebrate World Gin Day! Enjoy your ‘gin-tastic’ cocktail with these tunes on Spotify! Let us know if you like to learn more on cocktails with Gin.