Doctor Funk is strong and warm absinthe laced rum cocktail.
Quick Facts about Doctor Funk
- A classic tiki, Doctor Cocktail is a pre-prohibition drink that has traces back in the early 1900s.
- Doctor funk cocktail was born in the 1950s by Don Beach, the owner of the beachcomber restaurant in Palm Spring.
- The cocktail got its name after a German doctor Bernard Funk who was a physician in Samoa.
- The Doctor Funk is a classic tiki tropical cocktail.
Doctor Funk Recipe
Served in: Sling Glass
- 75ml Black Seal rum
- 5ml Absinthe
- 15ml Freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- 7.5 lime juice
- 7.5 Sugarcane syrup
- 7.5 Grenadine syrup
- Top with Soda water
- Add all the ingredients in and a cocktail shaker with ice and shake.
- Strain into a glass filled with crushed ice, top with soda water.
Garnish with a lime wedge