The sweet, delicate, and creamy taste of fresh coconut with rum is a perfect addition to your tropical cocktails like the Bay Breeze, Pina Colada, etc. Wondering how to make delicious coconut rum drinks at home? Here is a simple way to prepare the best coconut rum at your home.
You can also try making cocktails using coconut rum!
Coconut Rum Recipe
- ½ Large ripe Coconut
- 240ml light rum
- Pierce coconut eyes and drain coconut water in a container
- Open the coconut and use a sharp knife to separate the coconut meat from the shell
- Chop coconut meat into chunks. Put it into a sealable glass jar
- Pour over rum and seal.
- Infuse for at least two weeks, and shake it periodically
- Strain through the cheesecloth when infused
- Reseal the bottle. You can store in a glass bottle for up to a year
It is an excellent way to put a little coconut in your drink without adding any sweetness as this recipe does not have any sugar. You can also add vanilla, ginger, basil, or lemongrass for more flavors. Enjoy!
Check some other rum cocktail recipes which you can try at home.