Master how to make ginger beer at home and never worry about running out again! Here is how you can make perfect ginger beer at home in just a few easy steps!
However, before we start move into the topic, let us take a quick look at some of the interesting facts about ginger beer. If you are new to the world of beer, cocktails, and drinks, you would be probably wondering what is ginger beer. Ginger beer is actually a non-alcoholic drink that has a sweet, aromatic, and robust flavor.
The delicious beverage is made with three main ingredients and they are sweet, ginger, and water. The sweet used to make it undergoes fermentation with yeast first and then it is carbonated before bottling it. In short, you will be able to easily sip and enjoy the drink just like you would drink a soft drink.
How to Make Ginger Beer at Home?
Back in the old England, ginger beer was the go-to drink to have a chat over. The drink first gained its popularity there and then eventually around the globe. Ginger beer is a drink that has a spicy and sugary taste and is made from ginger, sugar, lemon, and yeast. It is a great non-alcoholic drink to have in the summertime and relax!
People from all over the world have enjoyed the taste of home-made drinks as it is more authentic. Home Brewing is an art that takes time to perfect. However, it is not something that you cannot accomplish. Learn how to make ginger beer at home in just a few easy steps!
To make ginger beer, you first need to make the ginger syrup which would also count as the main ingredient later in the drink. The ginger syrup accounts for the main flavor in the drink!
Ingredients: Ginger Syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp grated fresh ginger
Method: Ginger Syrup
- Take a piece of ginger, take off the chunky parts, and start grating it on the finer side of the grater.
- After that, you need to put it in a saucepan with water and sugar.
- Put your stove on medium heat and keep stirring the mixture till the sugar is fully dissolved.
- You now have to strain the syrup from the ginger leftovers, after which you will have your ginger syrup.
- If you want to skip on the fermentation process, just take 3-4 tablespoons of your syrup and pour it over ice and club soda and put the rest of the soda in the freezer.
Ingredients: Ginger Beer
- 1/8 tsp active dry yeast or brewer’s yeast
- Ginger syrup (ingredients above)
- 3 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 7 Cups of filtered water
Method: Ginger Beer
- For a great ginger beer drink, you need to take a funnel and put it on the lid of the bottle and put the yeast in along with lemon juice, water, and syrup.
- After this, seal the bottle and start shaking it until the yeast has completely broken down in your home brewing mixture!
- Keep it in a dark place, out of the sun for 2-3 days, or until you see it start to fizz.
You must note that the beer should be kept in a refrigerator to avoid any more fermentation. This homemade ginger beer needs to be consumed in 1-2 weeks! Make sure to take any extra gas that might be bottled up to avoid any messes in the kitchen or outside!
For an alternative recipe, you can checkout Santosh Kukreti’s Instagram , founder and trainer at b.art.tenders, India’s first advanced bartending course. Get in touch with us for a delicious ginger beer recipe.