Beat the heat with a traditional mango mocktail at home. Yes, follow this easy to make aamras recipe. inspired from a Sanskrit word Aamra “Aamras”, is an authentic Gujarati and Maharashtrian dish made by pureeing ripe mangoes with sugar and cardamom powder.
All you need is some of the commonly available ingredients at home for this easy to make Mango mocktail at home. So, here is how to make aamras at home.
Mango Mocktail Recipe for Two
- 1 whole ripe mango
- 2-3 small pcs of raw turmeric
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp sonth (dry gourd) / dry ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp green cardamom powder
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- 60 ml of milk
- Pinch of black salt
- Take out the pulp from Mango completely in a bowl
- Add 4tsp of raw turmeric juice by muddling it
- Add sonth / dry ginger powder, cardamom powder, castor sugar and milk
- Add fresh basil leaf in the mixture, blend it until mixed well.
Garnish with basil flower/ basil leaf
Enjoy the traditional Indian Mango Mocktail at home and pair it up with some authentic Indian food. If you want to experiment more with mango this summer, you can also create Mango popsicles, Mango Margaritas and even more.
If fruits are what you like in your drinks, check out some interesting an easy to make drinks recipes with seasonal fruits. We can also help you with the recipes of mango juice cocktail and other tasty cocktails? Interested? Let us know in the comments section.