A crazy party needs a few good drinks and a party is not crazy enough until there are shots poured. For a long time, bartenders have been creating these small drinks with a huge kick of alcohol and flavors for their guests to enjoy.
With the entry of molecular gastronomy, bartenders have taken the game up a notch by playing with the densities and flavors of different spirits to create shots that are tasty and very good to look at. Today we will leave the molecular part on the side and make simple, tasty, and good looking shots for your next house party.
Simple Shot 1: Kamikaze
Any list of shots is incomplete without this cocktail. This simple shot packs a punch; full of flavors and alcohol this shot is a tribute to the 2nd World war, Kamikaze pilots of the Imperial Air Force of Japan.
- 30 ml of Vodka
- 15 ml Orange liqueur
- 10 ml Fresh lime juice
- Pour all the ingredients in an ice-filled shaker.
- Shake until chilled.
- Pour into a shot glass and serve.
Simple Shot 2: Prairie Fire
This fun shot will give a kick to your night. It was a punishment shot in the American mid-west for bar patrons who lost bets. This started off with whiskey and famed with tequila as it tasted better with it. It is a versatile cocktail with around 18 variations.
- 45 ml Tequila
- 2 dashes Tabasco Sauce
- Pour a shot of tequila in a glass and pour the drops of Tabasco sauce over it.
- Get creative and try different spirits in place of tequila; it can be a fun game for your party.
Simple Shot 3: Mad Dog
It is an easy layered cocktail with fruity berry sweetness to it. These two ingredients match pretty well and look very vibrant. This is a flavor bomb of a shot.
- 30 ml Vodka
- 15 ml Raspberry syrup.
- Pour the raspberry syrup in a shot glass.
- Slowly layer the vodka with the back of a spoon.
Simple Shot 4: Cement Mixer
This shot is the most rad combination for a standard shot drink with an aftereffect in your mouth. You take a shot, let it stay in your mouth, and shake your head; yes you turned your head into a cement mixer. It sticks to your teeth when swirled or shaken in your mouth.
A crazy trend, right!!.
- 30 ml Irish cream
- 30 ml Fresh lime juice.
- In a shot glass pour baileys and top up with lime juice.
- For best experience; shoot it as soon as it is ready, do not wait.
Simple Shot 5: Flatliner
It is a weird combination with an amazing taste. You will understand as you read the ingredients. It is called flatliner as the hot sauce separates the spirits.
- 15 ml Sambuca
- 15 ml Tequila
- 5 drops of Tobasco Sauce
- Pour Sambuca in a shooter.
- With the back of a spoon slowly pour the tequila on top.
- Drip the Tobasco sauce; it flows through the tequila and stays on top of sambuca creating a line effect.
Can’t get simpler than this, replace the juice vodka shots of your parties with these fun shots that will give you and your friends a fun experience to remember.
Click here, for the list of affordable vodka’s for your home bar.
Love layered cocktails, Click here for more recipes.