We recently got in a conversation with the past three winners of American Whiskey Legacy – Vikram KU, Ernest Mascarenhas and Rohan Matmary to gather some top tips for the National participants of American Whiskey Legacy 2020.
Success in a cocktail competition can radically change a bartenders career, here are a few top tips for the bartender participating in the fourth edition of Brown Forman’s American Whiskey Legacy.
- Know everything about the brand; research well in advance.
- Make sure to try your cocktail ingredients before getting on to the stage.
- Carry three part portions of every ingredient / liqueurs as during travel anything can go wrong.
- Do not forget to miss adding an ingredient in your cocktail. Rehearse your recipe well and put all the ingredients in front of you to avoid such a blunder.
- The cocktail story of the National finalist cocktail should have a connect with the brand.
- Rehearse the story in advance and time yourself to not exceed the time limit given at the American Whiskey Legacy.
- Make sure everything you want to portray with your cocktail, should reflect in your speech.
- Don’t forget to smile a lot while performing as you are in front of cameras.
- Be confident while performing and assume the stage as your own bar.
- Do not hesitate to answer the judges questions, remember no one knows your cocktail better than you.